UNC Coastal Studies Institute Foundation, Inc.
The mission of the UNC Coastal Studies Institute Foundation, an independent 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization, is to aid, support and promote teaching, research and service in the programs and endeavors of the UNC Coastal Studies Institute.
The Foundation advocates for the UNC Coastal Studies Institute through actively promoting and participating in its public programs, securing and stewarding private non-government funds for activities, and representing the Institute’s work in the broader community.
The physical address of the UNC Coastal Studies Foundation is 850 NC Highway 345, Wanchese, North Carolina 27981.
The UNC Coastal Studies Institute operates within the guidelines of a Memorandum of Understanding with East Carolina University Foundation. The guidelines are consistent with the operations of all affiliated entities within the University of North Carolina system.
The UNC Coastal Studies Institute Foundation is governed by a self-appointing Board of Directors that has been affirmed by the Institute Board of Directors.
The Board of Directors (current as of November 2015) are:
- Dr. Betsy Brown, Manteo, NC
- Mr. Benjamin Cahoon, Nags Head, NC, Director Emeritus
- Ms. Nancy Davenport-Ennis, Hampton, VA
- Ms. Alice Keeney, Englehard, NC, Secretary
- Ms. Willo Kelly, Nags Head, NC
- Mr. Stephen King, Janesville, WI
- Mr. James Lambie, Winston-Salem, NC
- Mr. William P. Massey, Manteo, NC, Chair
- Mr. Thomas Murphy, Rodanthe, NC
- Mr. Fountain Odom, Manteo, NC
- Mr. Robert Outten, Southern Shores, NC
- Ms. Feather Phillips, Columbia, NC
- Mr. Peter Rascoe, Southern Shores, NC
- Rev. William Smyth, Columbia, NC
- Mr. Taylor Sugg, Southern Shores, NC, Vice Chair & Treasurer
- Dr. Nancy White, Kitty Hawk, NC, Executive Director, UNC Coastal Studies Institute
- Mr. Ben Woody, Currituck, NC
Financial records, accounting, and tax filings for the UNC Coastal Studies Institute are maintained by the accounting firm Johnson, Burgess, Mizelle & Straub in Kitty Hawk, NC.
Contributions to the UNC Coastal Studies Institute Foundation may be restricted for particular programs and activities or may be unrestricted for use where most needed to ensure the robust work of the Institute.
All gifts to the UNC Coastal Studies Institute Foundation are tax deductible to the extent provided by law. A written receipt and acknowledgement is provided for all contributions.
Questions about the UNC Coastal Studies Institute Foundation, including inquiries about contributions of cash or real property, may be directed to William P. Massey, Chair, at P.O. Box 1352. Manteo, NC 27954 or firstname.lastname@example.org.