The Coastal Studies Institute is available for use to outside organizations provided the entity has a mission that is public service driven and aligns with the mission and non-advocacy standard of CSI.
The facilities that are available for use are:
- Three classrooms, each of which accommodate about 25 individuals. Two of the rooms have full distance education (DE) capabilities.
- 2 wet lab classrooms that each accommodates about 24 individuals. One room has full DE capabilities
- A seminar room that can accommodate about 100 individuals solely with chairs, 65 if tables are included.
- 1 computer teaching lab with 10 workstations
- 1 design lab with drawing tables that accommodate about 10-20 individuals
- A catering kitchen adjacent to the seminar room
All of the classrooms are furnished with moveable chairs and tables, A/V projectors and screens, and wireless Internet connection.
Organizations may not advertise in any way that holding meetings at CSI in any way endorses their organization or the content of their meetings.
Normal operating hours are Monday-Friday from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. and meetings must be during these hours. Any extended time passed this may not be approved or may require payment of a fee.
Contact Kimberly Armstrong at 252-475-5404 or karmstrong.csi.northcaroina.edu for more information or to schedule a meeting at CSI.
Those interested in securing a room for a public or private event can click CSI Facility Use Service Fees for a downloadable list of rates and a liability release.
Three-Dimensional Model of the CSI Campus
Press play below to load the model into your browser.